It's so nice to be happy... Everybody should be happy.
Many of us have probably heard that song by Alexia. Indeed being happy is one of the most wonderful feelings in the world, along with being in love. If achieving happiness is one of your troubles, here are some quotes to help you get by.
- If you want to be happy, be. - Leo Tolstoy
- The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet. - James Openheim
- Happiness and sadness run parallel to each other. When one takes a rest, the other one tends to take up the slack. - Hazelmarie Elliott
- Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want. - Margaret Young
- Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. - Abraham Lincoln
- We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have. - Frederick Keonig
- The best vitamin to be a happy person is B1. - Author Unknown
- Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.
- Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them.
- Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions. - Dalai Lama