First of all, we just want to say a heart-felt thank you for joining United Yogis and for all your insightful and valuable ideas, thoughts, feedback and participation. We have been very excited and grateful for the positive growth of the site, and we continue to put our efforts in making this site a premier online yoga community.
Since the site was launched less than a year ago, content moderation has been very minimal and we intend to keep it that way, however, we want to ensure that members respect each other on the site. That includes being respectful of people of different backgrounds, race, nationalities, religions, yoga disciplines, etc. With that we’re posting the Acceptable Use Policy and Content Policy for United Yogis which ALL members are required to follow.
Acceptable Use Policy
You must abide by the Acceptable Use Policy when submitting content for display on the website. In submitting content, you agree:
(a) not to impersonate any other person or falsely claim to represent any other person, whether living or dead, real or fictitious. Making false, misleading or deceptive representations that you are another person or character can amount to a criminal offense and give rise to civil liability;
(b) not to submit content that violates the legal rights of others;
(c) not to submit content that is misleading, deceptive, false, defamatory or libelous;
(d) not to submit content that uses insulting, threatening or provocative language or language that is hateful towards a certain group of people;
(e) not to submit content that incites hatred on the basis of race, political views, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristics;
(f) not to submit content that contains indecent, obscene or pornographic material;
(g) not to use the website to conduct any illegal activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity;
(h) not to submit content that infringes the intellectual property rights of others;
(i) not to submit multiple copies or versions of your content (spam);
(j) not to submit content that contains, or links to, any commercial advertising material or blatant self-promotion unless agreed to by the United Yogis team in writing; on a case by case basis this may result in immediate expulsion from the website.
(k) not to submit content that invades the personal privacy of any other person or group;
(l) not to submit content that identifies any other person;
(m) that your content will be relevant to the themes currently being discussed on United Yogis;
(n) United Yogis has the right to choose who advertises on the website, and has the right to offer exclusivity in advertising categories;
1) Unless you indicate otherwise in writing, all content you submit to the website is deemed to be non-confidential.
2) Content will be considered for display on the website, and will be removed if not appropriate.
3) United Yogis does not guarantee that any content you submit will be posted on the website. In deciding whether to display content on the website, or to remove content posted on the website, the moderator will consider compliance with the requirements of the acceptable use policy and these terms and conditions.
4) United Yogis does not guarantee that your content will be posted on the website.
5) United Yogis also does not guarantee that any content you contribute to the website will be protected against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties. In particular, the moderators do not guarantee that you will not suffer loss or diminution of any intellectual property rights you currently own or may be able to obtain in relation to content that you contribute to the website.
6) United Yogis has the right to modify any content that you submit to the moderator, or to the website if non-appropriate.
7) United Yogis has the right to take down any content displayed on the website at any time and for any reason.
8) United Yogis has the right to ban any existing or new member at any time for any reason.
If you have any questions regarding the above or if you want to report abuse of the above policies, please notify us.